Gas Safety Check
It’s vital that gas appliances are regularly checked. Regular maintenance can prevent gas leaks and stop carbon monoxide being released.
If you’re a homeowner, it’s recommended that you get all gas appliances, flues and pipework installed, regularly maintained and serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
If you’re a landlord, you are required by law to make sure any gas appliances owned by you in your properties have annual gas safety checks.
An Appliance Safety Check includes checking:
1. The operating pressure and heat input of the appliance – this makes sure it is working to the manufacturer’s instructions
2. Any flue or chimney connected to the appliance is working properly – these remove fumes caused by burning gas
3. The appliance is suitable for the room
4. The appliance is properly set up and gas is burning correctly
5. The appliance is correctly fitted and connected to the gas pipes
6. There is an adequate, permanent air supply – gas needs air to burn properly and cleanly
A Gas Installation Safety Check includes all of the above appliance checks, plus:
1. All accessible gas pipework is inspected to check it is in good condition
2. The gas pipework is tested for leaks
Afterwards, the engineer may give you a report showing the checks they’ve carried out. This depends on the type of checks carried out.
To cancel or reschedule please let the team know 24hrs in advance.
Minimum 1 -hour charge on all jobs
Work charged in 30min increments after the first hour.
*Additional fees not included in pricing
Gas & Heating: £90
Emergency (6pm - 8am):
Gas & Heating £160
For the full pricing, please see the main services pages